Frontline Worker Safety in the Age of COVID-19 is a webinar designed to update healthcare providers and facility managers on the unprecedented risks COVID-19 imposes on our workforce, along with how to mitigate these risks. World-renowned presentations are provided regarding the dangers Long COVID poses on our workforce, the importance of building ventilation, vaccinations and proper PPE to mitigate these risks, along with how disinformation has impeded an effective COVID-19 response.
Speakers include Dr. Lidia Morawska, one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in 2021, for her work regarding aerosolization of airborne pathogens, Dr. Deborah Birx, past White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator, and Dr. Ziyad Al-Aly who will present his recent articles on Long COVID. The successful response in both Singapore and Australia will be discussed, along with misinformation regarding the impact and outcome of Sweden’s response. Other topics include: Workplace violence, disparities, and the role of fomites in the spread of SARS-CoV-2.
Understanding important evidence-based strategies which have been learned during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Identify infection control strategies that prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 disease among both frontline workers and patients.
- Advise retailers, schools, and others on strategies they should undertake to establish a safe workplace which protects both frontline workers and patrons.
- Identify infectious disease infrastructure deficiencies in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Discuss cultural and socioeconomic barriers and social disparities which place socially disadvantaged populations at increased risk of infection and severe disease.
- Explain the risks of disability and death from not only acute COVID-19 but also the disabling effects of Long COVID
This system DOES NOT WORK WITH Microsoft EDGE or Internet Explorer!
Yes, you will have to create an account. Don't worry it's free!
Creating an account will give you access to retrieve any courses and certificates provided by the Southern KY AHEC.
Where is my course?
Once the enrollment is complete, the course will be to the right and appear in the student dashboard. Click “start course” or "enroll" and complete the steps that follow.
When do I get my certificate?
Once all the steps are completed your certificate will be generated. The steps include gathering CE Credit information (discipline, license number, etc), viewing the course objectives/disclosures, and filling out a short evaluation about the program.
I don't see my credit listed.
If your credit type is not listed then it may not be available for this particular course. You can always select "no credit needed" to receive a certificate of attendance.